Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Learning Objectives- Week 12

Reading: 
I can analyze characters' actions and dialogue to determine character traits.

I can describe the change that characters undergo and explain how it supports the theme.
  
Writing:  
Freeze Time Boot-camp
- I can maintain an informative stance in an expository essay. 
- I can provide facts, details, and explanations to support a central idea.

Social Studies
:

I can use my learning about Texas Regions and American Indians to tell the past and present story of Texas.

Does where you live really affect how you live?
  •  Keywords: culture, region, lifestyle, agriculture, adaptation, origins, exploration, governments, settlement, geographic factors, towns, cities, environment, natural resources
This week:
  • Cursive Practice (Monday-Thursday) due Friday
  • Reading log - Read 20 minutes each night
  • Spelling words - Practice on SpellingCity App
    • Monday - Scholars will sort their words and receive practice lists. 
    • Friday - Test will include 10 words from the practice list and 4 mystery words that follow the spelling pattern.
    • Students will sort their words into categories as part of the test.